ADRIAN, Mich. -- The Siena Heights men's basketball team improved to 7-2 in the Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference (WHAC) after a 79-71 win over Rochester in the SHU Fieldhouse on Saturday afternoon. PJ Austin led the Saints with 12 points from behind the arc in a game where both teams combined for 23 three-point jumpers.
Final Score: Siena Heights 79, Rochester 71
Location: Adrian, Michigan (SHU Fieldhouse)
Records: Siena Heights (10-6, 7-2 WHAC), Rochester (11-9, 5-6 WHAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Austin was 3-4 from three-point range and scored 11 points to lead Siena to a 41-35 lead at the half. The Saints shot 51.6% from the floor in the opening 20 minutes and 6-12 from beyond the arc. Jaquantay Rouser made two 3-pointers on his way to eight points in the first half.
SHU was 11-23 from long range for the game and 12-14 from the free throw line on the way to the win. Rochester made 12 three-point jumpers on 40 attempts in the game. The Saints shot 50.9% from the floor, 47.8% from three, and 85.7% from the charity stripe at the end of regulation.
The victory was Siena's seventh-straight home win for the season. The only loss at home came during the season opener against Bethel in October.
• Keith Jordan Jr. led the Saints with 20 points on 7-11 shooting from the floor. He was also the team's leading rebounder with eight.
• Austin was 5-8 in field goals and 4-6 from three while pulling down four boards and dishing an assist.
• Kevin Smith II added 13 points on 4-9 shooting and totaled four assists in the game.
• DeMarco Dickerson finished with 10 points and had a team-high five assists and six rebounds.
• Josh Winowiecki tallied 10 points off the bench for SHU.
• Kash Blackwell led the Warriors with 16 points.
• Khalil Gracey had 14 points and a game-high 12 rebounds.
• Armand Cartwright and Peter Agba finished with 11 and 10 points respectively.
The Saints travel to face Indiana Tech on Wednesday, January 9 in WHAC action. The game is scheduled to tip-off at 7:30 PM.