GOSHEN, Ind. -- The Siena Heights men's basketball team earned their first win with a final score of 80-70 on the road against Goshen (Ind.), on Wednesday night. Keith Jordan Jr. (Senior, Toledo, Ohio) led the Saints with 16 points and seven rebounds in the winning effort.
Final Score: Siena Heights 80, Goshen (Ind.) 70
Location: Goshen, Ind. (Gunden Gymnasium)
Records: Siena Heights (1-2), Goshen (Ind.) (2-3)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The teams traded possession throughout the first half as the score remained close. Goshen took a three-point lead in the first half with 17:03 remaining. The Saints answered back as they made five straight points to give them a 10-7 lead with 15:30 left on the clock. The Maple Leafs tied the game at 10 with 13:36 remaining. The remainder of the half was neck and neck as each team had lead trade-offs then Goshen took a 39-31 lead with 1:20 left but SHU answered as they cut the lead by five making the score 34-39 at the intermission.
The Maple Leafs built a double-digit lead off a few runs with 17:31 left to play in the game. The Saints eventually cut Goshens lead to one with 12:45 remaining. The remainder of the second half resulted in each team continued to have lead trade-offs. SHU had a 13-0 run to create a big lead with a score of 77-65. The Maple Leaves responded as they cut the lead to seven but were forced to foul. The Saints hit all free throws updating the score to 80-70 to end the game.
• Kevin Smith (Senior, Columbus, Ohio) had 16 points and four steals. Jordan had 16 points and seven rebounds.
• Kevin Rice (Junior, Detroit, Mich.) added 15 points and five rebounds to his stat line.
• Dan Everhart (Sophomore, Macomb, Mich.) had a game-high of five assists and three steals.
• Tahj Curry led Goshen with 18 points, seven rebounds, and a team-high of four assists.
• Austin Branagan added 17 points and led all players with 8 rebounds
• Sheddrick Porter Jr. scored 13 on the strength of 3 three-pointers.
The Saints will travel to face NCAA Division 1 Eastern Michigan on Friday, November 8th. That game is scheduled to tip-off at 9:45 a.m., EST