ANN ARBOR, Mich. -- The Siena Heights men's basketball team fell 75-61 to Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference (WHAC) opponent Concordia, on Saturday night. Keith Jordan Jr. (Senior, Toledo, Ohio) led the Saints with 20 points and seven rebounds.
Final Score: Concordia (Mich.) 75, Siena Heights 61
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan (Cardinal Fieldhouse)
Records: Concordia (3-3, 1-0 WHAC), Siena Heights (2-3, 1-1 WHAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The Saints trailed by seven points at the half (29-22) and stormed back in the second half but the push wouldn't be enough as the Cardinals came out on top.
Concordia kept the momentum going as they outpaced SHU 46-39 in the second half to take the 14-point victory (71-65).
The Cardinals went 18-22 (81.8%) from the charity stripe and 25-60 (41.7%) from the floor. The Saints went 13-21 (61.9%) on free throws and 22-57 (38.6%) on the floor. The Cardinals also had the advantage in turnovers as SHU had 20 compared to their nine. Concordia pulled down 35 rebounds while the Saints totaled 42 rebounds.
• Jordan Jr. also shot 5-10 on the floor and 8-9 from the charity stripe.
• DeMarco Dickerson (Senior, Detroit, Mich.) had a game high of eight rebounds and two assists while also totaling 16 points.
• Kevin Rice (Junior, Detroit, Mich.) had 11 points, seven rebounds, and went 5-8 on the floor.
• Emmanuel Dominguez led the Cardinals with 21 points and three rebounds.
• Jerald Booker had four rebounds and 20 points.
• Greg Alexander recorded 16 points and three rebounds.
The Saints travel to face NCAA Division 1 Central Michigan in an exhibition match on Monday, November 18th. That game is scheduled to tip-off at 7:00 p.m., EST