ADRIAN, Mich. -- The Siena Heights men's basketball team fell to cross-town rival Adrian College in over-time, on Tuesday night. DeMarco Dickerson (Senior, Detroit, Mich.) led the Saints with 25 points, ten rebounds, four assists, and three steals.
Final Score: Adrian 86, Siena Heights 85
Location: Adrian, Michigan (SHU Fieldhouse)
Records: Adrian (3-3), Siena Heights (3-6)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The teams traded possession throughout the first half as the score remained close. Adrian rallied to earn the biggest lead of the half (40-29) as they scored ten straight points sparked by a layup made by Jordan Harris with 3:09 left to play. SHU cut the deficit to four points (43-36) as a three-point shot was good by Dan Everhart (Sophomore, Macomb, Mich.) with 1:52 left on the clock. Harris and Tyler Gillery made free throws to give the Bulldogs a 43-36 lead at intermission.
Adrian jumped out to a 12-point lead after Jeremy Kalonji drained a three-point shot at the 16:08 mark. The Saints cut the margin to five-points (60-55) after a layup was good by PJ Austin (Senior, Cleveland, Ohio) with 11:24 remaining in the game. SHU rallied to take the lead (69-68) after Austin put down a three-point shot with 4:13 left on the clock. The remainder of the half remained neck and neck as both teams had possession and lead trades. Dickerson made a layup to give the Saints a two-point lead (77-75) with 40 seconds remaining. A pair of free throws were good by Connor Pelham to tie the score at 77's and pushing the game to overtime.
A three-point shot was made by Harris with 4:23 remaining to give the Bulldogs the 80-77 lead. The Saints rallied to earn a one-point lead after a three-point shot was good by Austin at the 1:17 mark. A buzzer-beater jumper made by Harris was good to give Adrian the 86-85 victory.
• Dickerson shot 10-22 from the floor and 4-6 from the charity stripe.
• Austin had 20 points, three rebounds, and went 8-17 from the floor off the bench.
• Anthony Duncan (Freshman, Kissimmee, Fla.) tallied 12 points, a team-high of 16 rebounds, one assist, and two blocks.
• Harris led the Bulldogs with 33 points, went 12-24 from the floor, 4-8 on three-point attempts, and 5-7 from the free-throw line.
• Kalonji had 15 points, seven rebounds, one steal, one block, and went 4-4 on free-throw attempts.
• Pelham had nine points, a team-high of 11 rebounds, two assists, and one steal.
The Saints face Madonna in a road Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference (WHAC) contest on Saturday, November 30th. The game is scheduled to tip-off at 3:00 p.m., EST.