ADRIAN, Mich. -- The Siena Heights men's basketball team fell to Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference (WHAC) opponent Indiana Tech, on Saturday afternoon. DeMarco Dickerson (Senior, Detroit, Mich.) led the Saints with 24 points, eight rebounds, four assists, and two steals.
Final Score: Indiana Tech 76, Siena Heights 75
Location: Adrian, Michigan (SHU Fieldhouse)
Records: Indiana Tech (5-7, 4-2 WHAC), Siena Heights (5-7, 3-3 WHAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The Warriors jumped out to a 10-2 lead after a jumper was good by Cory McKinney at the 15:53 mark. The Saints cut the deficit to five (15-10) after a jumper was good by Keith Jordan Jr. (Senior, Toledo, Ohio) with 12:22 left on the clock. Indiana Tech rallied to earn a double-digit lead (23-12) after they scored eight points sparked by a layup was good by Josh Kline. The Warriors kept the momentum going as they gained a cushion of 17 points (42-25) after Mitch Morken drained a three point shot with 4:28 left of play in the first half. Siena was able to cut the margin to 13 points (45-32) after a three point shot was made by Dickerson as both teams headed to the locker rooms.
Indiana tech maintained a double-digit lead for the first eight minutes of the second half. The Saints were able to cut the lead to nine points (57-48) at the 12:12 mark after Kevin Rice (Junior, Detroit, Mich.) made a layup. The remainder of the second half was close as Siena were on the Warriors tail. The Saints tied things up at 59's after they scored nine points sparked by a three-point shot was made by Jon Hovermale (Senior, Livonia, Mich). Indiana Tech had a five-point lead (71-66) over Siena afer a pair of free throws were good by Kline with 3:14 remaining in the game. Siena gained the one-point lead (75-74) after a three-point shot was good by Dickerson with 12 seconds on the clock. The Warriors answered as Morken made a layup at the four second mark to give them the 76-75 victory.
• Hovermale had 20 points, and one assist. He went 8-10 from the floor and 4-4 on three-point attempts.
• Jordan contributed 14 points, a team high of 11 rebounds, four steals, and three blocks. He went 4-8 from the floor and 5-6 from the free throw line.
• Rice tallied eight points, six rebounds, one assist, two steals, and one block. He went 4-10 from the floor.
• Kline led the Warriors with 18 points, a team high of eight rebounds, two blocks, and one assist. He went 8-16 from the floor.
• Max Huber tallied 12 points, one rebound, one assist, and one steal. He went 4-7 on three-point attempts.
• Morken and McKinney both had 11 points. McKinney had a team high of four assists and Morken had six rebounds.
The Saints face Lourdes in a road WHAC matchup on Saturday, December 14th. The game is scheduled to tip-off at 5:00 p.m., EST.