HUNTINGTON, Ind. -- The Siena Heights men's basketball team fell short, 119-85, at Huntington on Thursday night. DeMarco Dickerson (Senior, Detroit, Mich.) led the Saints with 28 points and a team-high of three assists.
Final Score: Huntington 119, Siena Heights 85
Location: Huntington, Indiana (Platt Arena)
Records: Huntington (9-6), Siena Heights (6-10)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The Foresters jumped out to a quick 6-0 lead in the first minute of the game after a layup and free throw were good by Caleb Middlesworth. The Saints cut the deficit to two, 6-4, after a layup was good by Dickerson at the 18:24 mark. Huntington gained momentum as they grew a double-digit, 20-8, sparked by a three-pointer made by Spencer Ballinger. Dickerson cut the lead to a single digit, 16-25, after he made a pair of free throws with 10:10 left to play in the first half. The Foresters gained some cushion with the biggest lead of the half, 44-28, as David Arens made a layup. SHU updated the score to 39-63 after Jordan Wyckoff (Sophomore, Detroit, Mich.) made a layup and a free throw at the intermission.
Huntington earned a big cushion with a 30-point lead, 73-43, after Konner Platt made a pair of free throws and they never looked back. The Saints were able to gain the smallest of margins, 77-52, after a layup by Dickerson was good. The Foresters maintained a 30-point lead over SHU the remainder of the half. The Saints cut the lead to 32-points, 119-85, as a pair of free throws by Nmeso Nnebedum (Freshman, Kalamazoo, Mich.) were good to end the game.
• Dickerson went 11-20 from the floor and 6-7 on free throw attempts.
• Keith Jordan Jr. (Senior, Toledo, Ohio) tallied 21 points, a team-high of six rebounds, and one assist. He went 7-13 from the floor, 2-4 on three-point attempts, and 5-5 from the charity stripe.
• Anthony Duncan (Freshman, Kissimmee, Fla.) contributed 14 points, a team-high of one block, and three rebounds. He went 3-3 from the floor, and 8-14 from the charity stripe.
• Middlesworth led the Foresters with 33 points, a team-high of two steals, two assists, and four rebounds. He went 13-17 from the floor, 5-6 beyond the arch, and 2-4 from the charity stripe.
• Ballinger contributed 20 points, a team-high of six rebounds, and five assists. He went 7-11 from the floor, 2-3 on three-point attempts, and 4-4 from the charity stripe.
• Platt tallied 16 points, two assists, and one rebound. He went 4-9 from the floor, 2-6 beyond the arch, and 6-6 on free throw attempts. Peyton West had a team-high of 11 assists and six rebounds. Klajd Kiri had a team-high of two blocks.
The Saints face Michigan-Dearborn in a Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference (WHAC) road contest on Saturday, January 4th. The game is scheduled to tip-off at 3:00 p.m., EST.