DEARBORN, Mich. -- The Siena Heights men's basketball team dropped their fifth Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference (WHAC) game to 21st-ranked Michigan-Dearborn on the road Saturday afternoon. DeMarco Dickerson (Senior, Detroit, Mich.) led the Saints with 22 points, four rebounds, a team-high of two assists, and a team-high of two steals.
Final Score: UM-Dearborn 77, Siena Heights 55
Location: Dearborn, Michigan (UM-Dearborn Fieldhouse)
Records: UM-Dearborn (13-4, 6-1 WHAC), Siena Heights (6-11, 3-5 WHAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The Saints jumped out to a 6-2 lead after a three-pointer was good by Dickerson at the 18:18 mark. The Wolverines tied things up at 10's after Mathew Mignault made a three-point shot with 15:23 left to play in the half. The teams traded possession during the remainder of the first half as the score was close. UM-Dearborn has some cushion as they gained a nine-point lead, 28-17, as they scored 10 straight points sparked by a three-point shot made by Elwood Tomlinson. The Wolverines continued to gain momentum as they earned the biggest lead of the half, 45-22, as Spencer Robinson made a layup with 1:10 left on the clock. The scored remained there as both teams headed to the locker room.
UM-Dearborn increased the advantage to 29-points, 55-26, after Damian Forrest made a layup at the 12:46 mark. The Wolverines continued to have a double-digit lead over SHU for the majority of the second half. The Saints rallied to cut the deficit to 65-43 after Chad Elliott (Sophomore, Brookpark, Ohio) made a jump shot and a pair of free throws were good by Dickerson at 5:40 remaining left of gameplay. The final push for SHU came up short as they were only able to cut the margin to 22-points, 77-55 after Joshua Moody (Freshman, Detroit, Mich.) made a three-point shot and Jordan Wyckoff (Sophomore, Detroit, Mich.) made a free throw as the Wolverines walked away with the win.
• Dickerson went 8-18 from the floor, 2-7 from beyond the arch, and 4-5 from the charity stripe.
• Elliott tallied six points, two rebounds, and a team-high of two assists. He went 2-6 from the floor and 2-3 from the charity stripe.
• Tomlinson led the Wolverines with 16 points, three rebounds, and one assist.
• Cody Kegley tallied 12 points, one rebound, two assists, and a team-high of three steals.
• Mignault and Zach Lattimer each had 11 points.
• Jalen Paul had a team-high of seven assists. Jason Gigliotti had a team-high of three blocks. Damian Forrest had a team-high of 12 rebounds.
The Saints return home to face Lawrence Tech in a Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference (WHAC) contest on Saturday, January 11th. The game is scheduled to tip-off at 3:00 p.m., EST.