UPLAND, Ind. -- The Siena Heights men's lacrosse team rolled to a 21-10 win over Taylor (Ind.) in a Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference (WHAC) road game on Saturday afternoon. Ryan Mamo led the Saints with seven points (4+3=7) on the day.
Final Score: Siena Heights 21, Taylor 10
Location: Upland, Mich.
Records: Siena Heights (7-4, 4-2 WHAC), Taylor (6-4, 1-5 WHAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Taylor took an early 1-0 lead with a goal at the 9:16 mark of the first quarter. Jake Kroll, Jake Gallaher (Ryan Mamo), and Mamo (Gallaher) each scored the next three goals to put Siena on top 3-1 with just under six minutes left in the opening quarter. Back-to-back Trojan goals knotted things up at three with just over 2:30 remaining. Danny Kreitzer scored with 10 seconds left to give the Saints a 4-3 lead at the end of the first 15 minutes.
The game became all Siena in the second quarter as the Saints tallied 11 goals before the half to take a 15-6 lead into the locker room during the intermission. Kreitzer scored three times and Gallaher scored twice in the second to complete their hat tricks. Nate Ford and Alex Gilbert each tallied two goals in the second. Mamo and Krol each beat the Taylor goalie once in the quarter.
Kreitzer, Mamo, and Gilbert each scored in the third quarter as the Saints continued to extend their lead to 19-8 as the game entered the final quarter.
Parker Richards got in on the scoring train in the final 15 minutes. Mamo tallied the final goal for the Saints with 8:17 remaining in regulation.
• Kreitzer finished with a game-high six goals in the game. He also tallied five ground balls.
• Gilbert, Gallaher, and Mamo each tallied hat tricks (Mamo finished with four goals).
• Ford and Krol each shook the nets twice.
• Gallaher led the Saints with a game-high 12 ground balls.
• Tyler Gerig led the Trojans with three goals.
• Nathan Sahly led Taylor with nine ground balls and he had a game-high two caused turnovers.
The Saints will remain on the road as they travel to face Lawrence Tech in a WHAC game on Wednesday night. The game is scheduled for a 5:00 p.m. EDT, start.