ADRIAN, Mich. -- The Siena Heights men's lacrosse team fell 20-8 to #3 Indiana Tech in a cold and rainy contest to end the regular season. Nathan Lipon led the Saints with two goals in the losing effort.
Final Score: #3 Indiana Tech 20, #9 Siena Heights 8
Location: Adrian, Michigan (O'Laughlin Stadium)
Records: Indiana Tech (13-2, 7-1 WHAC), Siena Heights (7-6, 4-4 WHAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The Warriors jumped out to a 3-0 lead in the opening five minutes of the game. Nathan Lipon scored the first of two of his goals at the 9:37 mark to cut the deficit to two. Nate Ford tacked on a goal following another Indiana Tech tally that put the score at 4-2 with just over six minutes left in the opening quarter.
Nolan Lyons scored the only SHU goal in the second quarter as the Saints found themselves trailing 8-3 when the teams entered the locker room at half time.
Ryan Mamo and Lipon each scored in the third to cut the Warrior lead to four goals (9-5). Indiana Tech then rattled off eight-straight scores to pull away 17-5 in the third quarter. Danny Kreitzer scored in the third quarter. Jake Gallaher and Gilbert scored in the fourth, but the Saints couldn't catch the Warriors.
• Lipon scored two goals on three shots on goal and hauled in a ground ball.
• Gallaher led the Saints in ground balls with five and caused turnovers with two. He also finished with an assist.
• Nolan Lyons registered two points (1+1=2).
• Kreitzer also tallied one goal and one assist in the game.
• Chandler Peterson led the Warriors with 13 goals. He also pulled in eight ground balls.
• Ian Tyburski had a game-high 12 ground balls while dishing three assists.
• Andrew Neller tallied 10 ground balls and was 14-20 in the faceoff circle.
The Saints will await their seeding and matchup in the Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference (WHAC) tournament that begins on Tuesday, April 23.