ADRIAN, MICH. -- The Siena Heights men's soccer team earn their first win on the road with a score 2-1 over Trinity International (Ill.) Robin Bopeso (Ivry-Sur-Seine, France) had two shots, two being on goal and one making it in goal.
Final Score: Siena Heights 2, Trinity International (Ill.) 1
Location: Deerfield, Ill. (Schartner Field)
Records: Siena Heights (2-1), Trinity International (Ill.) (1-1)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The Saints were able to put themselves on the board first when Remy Collard (Okemos, Mich.) scored on an assist from Gustavo Barros (Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul ) in the 26th minute of play. The Trojans were unable to capatalize in the first half leave the Saints in the lead. The Trojans edged the Saints 12 to four in shots on goal for the period.
Trinity International found an opportunity to put themselves on the board when Tyler Kooi scored on an assist from Josiah Fuchs in the 74th minute of play to bring the game to a tie. SHU came back on a goal by Bopeso in the 83rd minute of play to put them in the lead. Trinity International fought back to tie the game but was unable to do so, securing the Saints the win.
• Bopeso recorded two shots, two of which were on goal and one goal to help the Saints in the winning effort
• Collard recorded one shot, which made it in goal to secure SHU the win.
• Chris Ornelas (Belding, Mich.) led the Saints with three shots, two of which were on goal.
• Leo Hisamatsu (W, 1-1) saved 11 of the 12 shots he faced in the 90 minutes of play for SHU.
• Tyler Kooi recorded one shot, which made it in goal to give the Trojans their lone goal.
• Jorge Vasquez led Trinity International with three shots, three of which were on goal.
• Andre Wentzel (L, 0-1) saved six of the eight shots he faced between the pipes for the Trojans.
The Saints travel to face Judson (Ill.) this Monday, September 2nd. The game is scheduled to kick-off at 3:00 p.m. CDT