GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. -- The Siena Heights men's volleyball team suffered a loss in straight sets to Aquinas on the road on Saturday night. Keegan Crawford led the Saints on both sides of the ball. He paced the offense with 20 assists and had a team-high four blocks.
Final Score: Aquinas 3, Siena Heights 0 (25-17, 25-12, 25-21)
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan (Sturrus Center)
Records: Aquinas (17-0, 3-0 WHAC), Siena Heights (9-6, 2-2 WHAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Aquinas jumped out to a 1-0 lead after a 13 kill (.182) first set in which the team earned a 25-17 decision.
The Saints struggled on the attack in the second game and recorded a match-low -.108 hitting percentage. The Aquinas Saints hit a match-high .310 attack percentage in game two to put Siena on the ropes with a 25-12 win.
SHU rallied in the third game and kept the score close, but Aquinas was able to hold out and end the match in the third.
• Emmanuel Chaidez led the Saints with nine kills. He also tallied two assists and three blocks.
• Bryce Johnson finished with seven kills and three blocks to contribute on both offense and defense.
• Evan Cashen registered five kills and two blocks.
• Crawford added a team-high eight digs to go along with his 20 assists and four blocks.
• Joshua Boothroyd recorded a double-double with 10 kills and 10 digs.
• Ruben Lopez also had double-digit kills with 10 along with five digs.
• Josh Evers led the AQ Saints with 11 digs.
• Colby Elder set the tone offensively with 30 assists.
The Saints return home to host Lourdes on Wednesday, February 27. The first serve is scheduled for 7:00 p.m.