ADRIAN, Mich. -- The Siena Heights men's volleyball team cruised past Indiana Tech in straight sets during a Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference (WHAC) contest in the SHU Fieldhouse on Wednesday night. Kevin Gomez (La Estrella, Colombia) led the Saints attack with 11 kills in the win.
Final Score: Siena Heights 3, Indiana Tech 0 (25-12, 25-17, 25-23)
Location: Adrian, Michigan (SHU Fieldhouse)
Records: Siena Heights (11-6, 2-1 WHAC), Indiana Tech (4-10, 0-3 WHAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The Saints rattled off the first nine points of the opening set and never looked back. Siena Heights built a 15-point advantage (24-9) before taking the 1-0 lead with a 25-12 decision.
The score remained close for the opening of the second set. The Saints pulled ahead 8-5 with a 4-0 run and would never surrender the lead again, eventually growing the lead to 21-12 before putting the Warriors against the ropes with a 2-0 lead.
Indiana Tech held tough in the third set, trailing Siena 14-13. A 3-0 run would give the Saints a 17-14 lead, but the Warriors would stay strong and would one point from forcing extras, 24-23, but and attack error would give the Saints the set and match point.
• Gomez finished the match with a .450 hitting percentage while adding four digs and two service aces to his stat line.
• Bryce Johnson (Pickerington, Ohio) contributed six kills, six digs, and two blocks.
• Keegan Crawford (Columbus, Ohio) tallied 23 assists, two kills, five digs, and two blocks.
• Daynte Stewart led the Warriors with 11 kills. he also had an assist, a service ace, and four digs.
• Chandler Davis paced the Indiana Tech attack with 27 assists. He also finished with three digs and two blocks.
• Joey Hermes led the defense with seven digs in the losing effort.
Siena Heights travels to Goshen for a WHAC contest against the Maple Leafs this Saturday, February 15. The first serve is scheduled for 7:00 p.m., EST.