MARION, IND. -- The Siena Heights softball team was eliminated from the NAIA Tournament following a 6-3 loss to Central Baptist on day two of the Opening Round Marion Bracket. Racquel Ward drove in two RBIs on a 1-3 showing at the plate to lead the Saints in the losing effort.
Final Score: Central Baptist 6, Siena Heights 3
Location: Marion, Indiana
Records: Central Baptist (34-17), Siena Heights (35-16)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The Mustangs took a 5-0 lead in the 2nd-inning after they used four hits to bring the runners home.
A sacrifice fly to right field in the 5th-inning brought the Central Baptist lead back to five runs (6-1).
Ward singled through the left side to bring two runners home and cut the Mustang lead in half in the 6th-inning but the five-run 2nd-inning was too much to overcome for Siena.
• Hill (1-2) scored two runs and tallied a hit in the game.
• Helmink recorded an RBI with her hit.
• Ward got the start in the circle for the Saints and received the loss in the decision.
• Uhl pitched 4.2 innings of relief. She allowed just four hits and one run while striking out a Mustang.
• Halley Cain led CBC with two hits and three RBIs in the win.
• Kym House was the winning pitcher in the game. She pitched 6.0 innings and gave up six hits and two earned runs.
• Brooke Trout pitched one inning of relief and registered a strikeout.
SEASON WRAP UP
The Saints finish the 2019 campaign with a 35-16 overall record. The team won the WHAC tournament to qualify for the NAIA tournament for the first time in 23 years. The team also had 2019 WHAC Player of the year in Ashley Helmink. Helmink and Ward were both selected to the All-WHAC first team while Uhl and Sam Hill were chosen to the second team All-WHAC.