KISSIMMEE, Fla. -- The Siena Heights softball team lost 8-0 in five innings against Spring Arbor and then fell 6-1 to Marian (Ind.) to end the day. Tori Harding () was 3-for-5 on the day including a 2-for-2 performance against Spring Arbor.
Final Scores: Game 1: SAU def. SHU, 8-0 (5-innings) / Game 2: MU def. SHU, 6-1
Location: Kissimmee, Florida
Record: Siena Heights (4-6)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Game 1: SAU def. SHU, 8-0 (5-innings)
The game remained scoreless through the first two innings. Spring Arbor broke the deadlock in the top of the 3rd-inning when two runners crossed the plate on a Siena Heights error to give the Cougars a 2-0 lead. A home run led off the 4th-inning to extend the SAU lead to 3-0. A double steal a few plays later pushed things to 4-0. Two singles earned the Cougars two more runs in the top of the fifth and Spring Arbor ended the game after keeping the Saints scoreless to end the inning.
• Harding (2-for-2) and Kelsey Uhl (Toledo, Ohio) (1-for-2) were the only two Saints to record a hit in the game.
• Uhl earned the loss in a 4.0-inning appearance in the circle. She gave up eight hits, five runs, and a home run.
• Jessie Panchaud went 3-for-4 at the plate. She crossed the plate twice for the Cougars as well.
• Lauren Wirgau got the win with a complete-game, three-hit showing.
Game 2: MU def. SHU, 6-1
The Knights were given a run on a bases-loaded walk in the opening inning before being spotted a second run off a wild pitch to give Marian a 2-0 lead. A sacrifice fly extended things to 3-0 before an RBI single on pushed the score to 4-0. A passed ball advanced all the runners before a Saint error allowed a runner to cross the plate.
Another error by Siena Heights gave Marian its sixth, and final, run of the game. Harding singled to right field to bring Janelle Krueger (Ravenna, Mich.) home for the only run by the Saints in the contest.
• Jordan Bianchi (Shelby Twp., Mich.) recorded three hits in four at-bats to lead the Saints offense in the game.
• Sidney Gerkin led the Knights with two hits while Issy Hoyt had a hit, run, and an RBI.
• Sydney Wilson pitched five innings to receive the win.
The Saints finish up their time in Florida tomorrow with games against Saint Francis (Ind.) at 9:00 a.m., and a matchup with Hannibal-LaGrange (Mo.) at 11:15 a.m., EST.