FORT WAYNE, Ind. -- The Siena Heights women's basketball team fell to #3 Indiana Tech on the road in a Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference (WHAC) contest on Wednesday night. Addyson Tomczak scored double-digit points (13) for the first time since the first game of the season to lead the Saints in the losing effort.
Final Score: #3 Indiana Tech 65, (RV) Siena Heights 55
Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana (Schaefer Center)
Records: Indiana Tech (18-1, 10-0 WHAC), Siena Heights (14-5, 7-3 WHAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The game was deadlocked at the end of the first quarter with the score tied at 13 as the Saints defense held the Warriors to 26.7% shooting from the floor in the opening 10 minutes.
The second quarter proved to be the difference as Indiana Tech outscored Siena 20-9 to take a 33-22 lead into the locker room at the half.
SHU outscored the Warriors 17-12 in the third quarter to cut the deficit to six going into the final quarter in regulation.
The Saints kept the game close for most of the fourth quarter, but couldn't complete the rally as Indiana Tech earned the decision.
• Tomczak tallied 12 points on 4-11 shooting including 4-8 from beyond the arc.
• Kiana Votava led the Saints with nine rebounds while also scoring eight points.
• Anaya Powell dished a game-high six assists and scored five points in the losing effort.
• Alexis Hill scored a game-high 23 points while leading the Warriors with seven rebounds.
• Rachel Bell and DeAnn Kauffman finished with 14 and 10 points respectively.
• Kauffman was also the team's leading playmaker with four assists.
The Saints road trip continues on Saturday as the team travels to Livonia, Michigan to face off with Madonna in WHAC competition. The game is scheduled for a 1:00 p.m., EST tip-off.