ADRIAN, Mich. -- The Siena Heights women's basketball team cruised to an 88-42 win over Great Lakes Christian on Monday night in the SHU Fieldhouse. Maria Repichowski led the Saints with a double-double in scoring with 21 points and rebounding with 16.
Final Score: Siena Heights 88, Great Lakes Christian 42
Location: Adrian, Michigan (SHU Fieldhouse)
Records: Siena Heights (21-7), Great Lakes Christian (0-22)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The Saints got out to an early lead and never looked back. By the end of the first quarter, Siena was leading the Crusaders 28-7. SHU continued to increase its lead throughout the remainder of the game as the Saints outscored GLC 18-11 (2nd), 22-15 (3rd), and 20-9 (4th).
Siena shot 38-73 (52.1%) from the floor, 3-12 (25%) from three, and 9-11 (81.8%) from the free-throw line. The Saints outpaced the Crusaders in points in the paint (56-14), points off turnovers (21-13), second chance points (20-10), and bench points (59-10). Both teams tallied six fast break points.
• Repichowski shot 10-17 from the floor and 1-2 from three for her 21 points.
• Marcia Hawkins-Day totaled 13 points, six rebounds, and two steals.
• Alyssa Larson scored 12 points and hauled in four rebounds.
• Kiana Votava finished with 10 points, one assist, and a steal.
• Mystic Striker tallied 15 points to lead the Crusaders in points and also led with six rebounds.
• Kerlunda Dervil scored 10 points and had six steals.
The Saints travel to Ann Arbor, Michigan this Wednesday (Feb. 13) to face Concordia (Mich.) in a Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference (WHAC) game. Tip-off is scheduled for 6:00 p.m.