ANN ARBOR, Mich. -- Siena Heights sophomore Peyton Banks (Wadsworth, Ohio) netted a career-high 32 points in the Saints 66-64 road win over Concordia (Mich.) on Saturday evening. Banks shot 12-18 from the floor and 3-3 from beyond the arc to lead Siena Heights in the win.
Final Score: Siena Heights 66, Concordia (Mich.) 64
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan
Records: Siena Heights (4-0, 2-0), Concordia (3-3, 1-1)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The Saints trailed by 12 points at the half (42-30) but would storm back in the third quarter to tie things up after outscoring the Cardinals 24-12 in the third quarter.
One bucket would prove to be the difference in the game as the Saints would just outpace Concordia 12-10 in the fourth to take the two-point victory.
The Siena Heights bench won the points battle 16-9. They also had the advantage in points off of turnovers 15-12. Both teams scored 26 points in the paint and 14 second-chance points.
The Cardinals pulled down 42 rebounds while the Saints totaled 37 rebounds.
• Banks tied for a team-high eight rebounds. She also added an assist to her stat line.
• Addyson Tomczak (Bay City, Mich.) scored seven points, one rebound, and an assist.
• Kelsey Wyman (Blissfield, Mich.) had a game-high five assists while also totaling seven points.
• Tris'styn Williams and J'may Simmons led the Cardinals with 16 points. Williams hauled in 10 rebounds to lead the team in that category.
• Aly Lenz recorded 13 points.
• Katie Snow had nine rebounds and seven points.
The Saints will look to start the season 5-0 when they host Cornerstone in a Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference (WHAC) game on Wednesday, November 20. The game is scheduled to tip-off at 6:00 p.m., EST.