ADRIAN, Mich. -- The 14th-ranked Siena Heights women's basketball cruised to a 92-64 win over Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference (WHAC) foe Madonna in the Siena Heights Fieldhouse on Wednesday night. Peyton Banks (Wadsworth, Ohio) led the Saints with a 21-point, 11-rebound double-double in the win.
Final Score: Siena Heights 92, Madonna 64
Location: Adrian, Michigan (SHU Fieldhouse)
Records: Siena Heights (21-2, 13-1 WHAC), Madonna (3-19, 1-13 WHAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The Crusaders played the Saints tough for the first 10 minutes of the game as Siena only held a 19-17 lead at the end of the first quarter. Madonna held a 16-12 lead with 2:05 left in the quarter until a 7-0 run sparked by Kelsey Wyman (Blissfield, Mich.) gave SHU the 19-16 lead. A free throw by the visitors tallied the final point of the quarter.
The second quarter was all Saints as they outscored the Crusaders 21-7 to hold a 40-24 lead at the half. Siena continued to build upon the lead in the third, outpacing Madonna 30-17. The Crusaders won the fourth quarter, 23-22, but it wasn't enough to catch the Saints before time expired in regulation.
• Banks shot 5-8 from the floor and a perfect 10-10 from the free-throw line. She also drilled her only shot from beyond the arc in the game while registering two steals and a game-high three blocks.
• Demi Russell (Toledo, Ohio) netted 16 points, six rebounds, and a steal in the win.
• Wyman shot 5-11 for 15 points off the bench. She also recorded four rebounds and a block.
• Addyson Tomczak (Bay City, Mich.) scored 14 points, two rebounds, three assists, and two steals.
• Madonna was led in scoring by Sydney Brown with 19 points. Megan Aho and Claire LeRoux each tallied 13 points and three steals.
• Emily Pendred had a team-high nine rebounds.
The Saints will remain at home to host Lourdes this Saturday, February 1. The game is set for a 5:00 p.m, EST tip-off.