SAGINAW, Mich. -- The Siena Heights men's and women's track and field team competed at the Saginaw Valley State University Holiday Open on Friday night. Brent Rodden was the lone Saint winner for the men with an auto-qualifying time of 1:53.98 in the 800. Haley Hudson highlighted the women's team performance by breaking the school record in the shot put with an auto-qualifying throw of 14.65m (48'0.75") to win the event.
TOP MEN'S FINISHERS
• Rees Nemeth auto-qualified in the pole vault with a best jump of 4.71m (15'5.5") for third place in the event.
• Andrew Trombley was right behind Nemeth in the pole vault with a 3.96m (12'11.75") jump for 4th place.
• Naythan Haslam finished 4th in the 400 with a time of 49.31 and 10th in the 200 with a 22.45.
• Matt Lentine was 4th in the 800 with a time of 2:02.11.
• Jordan Parkinson tallied a 4th-place finish in the mile with a 4:31.69 finish.
• Robert Drew finished 4th in the shot put with a provisional mark of 15.16m (49'9"). He also finished 5th in the weight throw with a 14.73m (48'4") mark.
• William Jackson finished 5th in the 800 with a time of 2:02.30.
• Savion Tyle and Juwan Willis tied for 5th in the high jump by clearing the bar at 1.83m (6'0")
• Liam Hartsuff finished 6th in the 5k with a time of 15:41.56.
• Zachery Kunst was 7th in the shot with his best throw of 13.73m (45'0.5") and 8th in the weight throw (14.28m, 46'10.25").
• Jason Marsh was ninth in the 600 with a time of 1:32.95.
• Brenden Knoll was ninth in the shot with a throw of 13.37m (43'10.5").
TOP WOMEN'S FINISHERS
• Mildrenae Young-Brooks won the 60 hurdles with an auto-qualifying time of 8.85. She also won the long jump with a 5.45m (17'10.75") mark while finishing 2nd in the triple jump with a mark of 10.53m (34'6.75").
• Andrea Crowe won the 3k with a time of 10:55.85 and ran the mile in 5:25.75 for a 4th-place finish.
• Tyriah Pryor was second in the 400 with a time of 58.64 and finished the 60-meter dash in 8.00 for a 7th-place finish.
• Delaney Stersic was 2nd in the 600 with a time of 1:46.30. She finished the 400 in 1:00.12 for 5th.
• Kierra Rice auto-qualified in the 60 hurdles also with a 2nd-place finish in 8.95.
• Asia Gardner finished 3rd in the 60-meter dash with a time of 7.77 and the 200 with a time of 25.59. She was also 9th in the long jump with a best jump of 4.78m (15'8.25").
• Abigail Bansen jumped 10.52m (34'6.25") in the triple jump to finish 3rd. She also jumped 4.79m (15'8.75") in the long jump to finish 8th.
• Courtney Taylor won third in the shot with a throw of 12.92m (42'4.75").
• Rachel O'Neill threw the shot 12.21m (40'0.75") to finish fourth. She also finished 4th in the weight throw with a heave of 15.16m (49'9").
• Madisyn Kleinschmit finished 6th in the 60-meter dash with a 7.93 time. She finished 10th in the 200, finishing in 26.09.
• Emily Hill was sixth in the 200 with a time of 25.95.
• Hannah Cain was 6th in the pole vault with a best jump of 3.34m (10'11.5").
• Tina Miller was eighth with the weight, throwing it 14.23m (46'8.25").
The Saints track and field teams return to action on January 11 at either the SVSU Classic or the GVSU Bob Eubanks Open.