DEARBORN, Mich. -- The Siena Heights women's volleyball team improved to a 6-3 overall record and a 1-1 mark in the Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference (WHAC). Taylor Felver led the Saints on both sides of the ball with a team-high seven kills and the second-most digs with 13.
Final Score: SHU 3, UM-Dearborn 0 (26-24, 25-22, 25-16)
Location: Dearborn, Michigan (UMD Fieldhouse)
Records: SHU (6-3, 1-1 WHAC), UM-Dearborn (3-8, 0-2 WHAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The Saints and Wolverines battled in the opening set as the teams needed extra points to decide that Siena would take the 1-0 lead. SHU totaled 12 kills in game one for a .146 team hitting percentage; UMD had 15 kills for .160.
Both teams dropped in offensive production for game two, but the difference came in errors. The Wolverines amassed 13 while the Saints only had six on their way to a 25-22 win and a commanding 2-0 lead.
Siena hit best in the third set (.154) while finishing with 10 kills and a 25-16 game three advantage and the 3-0 win. The Saint defense played a crucial rule in the final set as they held UMD to only eight kills in the game.
• Felver's stat-line read seven kills, one assist, 13 digs, and three blocks.
• Carrigan Gray paced the offense with 19 assists while also registering four kills.
• Bianca Negron led the defense with 15 digs.
• Bronte Michura and Erin Parrinello led the Wolverines with 13 and 10 kills respectively.
• Daniella Barile was the tone setter on offense as she finished with 29 assists.
• Caitlyn Carlson (17 digs), Parrinello (16), Jayci Forster (14), and Barile (10) each tallied double-digit digs.
The Saints finish their four-match road trip this Saturday, September 15 when they face Rochester at 1:00 p.m., EDT.