ADRIAN, Mich. -- The Siena Heights women's volleyball team defeated Indiana Tech in straight sets to improve 3-1 in conference play. The Saints have now won four straight matches. Ashleigh Shay led the SHU attack with 10 kills on the evening.
Final Score: SHU 3, Indiana Tech 0 (26-24, 25-18, 25-22)
Location: Adrian, Michigan (SHU Fieldhouse)
Records: SHU (8-3, 3-1 WHAC), Indiana Tech (8-7, 2-3 WHAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The first part of game one remained close as the Saints were only able to build an 11-9 lead. After the Warriors put the score within one point (11-10), SHU scored five straight points to pull ahead 16-10. However, Indiana Tech would go on a 5-0 run of its own to cut the lead to one point again. The Warriors tied the game at 24 to force extra points. The Saints responded with two straight points and a 26-24 decision to take the 1-0 lead.
Game two was all Siena as SHU built a 17-10 lead, however, Indiana Tech would rally by scoring five of the next seven points to put the score at 19-15 in favor of the Saints. The Warriors would cut the lead to three (21-18) but get no closer as Siena would close the game with a 4-0 run and take the 2-0 lead.
Game three saw multiple ties. The final one was at 22 points. Again, the Saints were able to close out the game with a 3-0 run that ended the match.
• Shay added four blocks to accompany her match-high 10 kills.
• Carrigan Gray once again paced the Saint attack with 23 assists. She also added three kills, seven digs, and three blocks.
• Christine Tylutki led the team with 12 digs. She also contributed four kills, one assist, and five blocks.
• Anna Tartarian finished with 11 digs, one assist, and one service ace.
• Abree Eggers led Indiana Tech with eight kills and five blocks.
• Autumn Stokes finished with a team-high 18 assists.
• Mara Zell, Madeline MacDonald, and Madison Park each contributed 16, 15, and 10 digs respectively.
The Saints will continue conference play with a road contest against Lourdes this Friday, September 21. The match is set for a 7:00 p.m., EDT, start.