ADRIAN, Mich. -- The Siena Heights women's volleyball team scored a big 3-0 win over Rochester on Saturday afternoon at the SHU Fieldhouse during homecoming weekend. Christine Tylutki led the way for the Saints with 10 kills and 14 digs for her sixth double-double this season.
Final Score: Siena Heights 3, Rochester 0 (25-11, 25-10, 25-12)
Location: Adrian, Michigan (SHU Fieldhouse)
Records: Siena Heights (11-7, 6-5 WHAC), Rochester (2-20, 1-9 WHAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The Saints jumped out to a quick 1-0 lead after a 25-11 win in game one. Siena tallied 17 kills, zero attack errors, and match-high .486 attack percentage in the opening set.
Set two was all Saints as well. SHU totaled 14 kills and only four errors (.323 hitting %) in a 25-10 game two decision.
Set three was much the same as the Saints used a .429 hitting percentage to record 17 more kills with only two errors for a 25-12 game-three victory to seal the straight-set sweep of the Warriors.
• Tylutki added an assist, a service ace, and a block to her team-leading stat line.
• Janel Ruhlman was also a factor on offense as she finished with 10 kills. She also contributed a dig and three blocks.
• Carrigan Gray paced the Saints with 35 assists, four kills, two aces, and five digs in the contest.
• Bianca Negron led the defense with 18 digs in the match. She also added two assists and three aces to her numbers.
• Eriona Chambers tied a match-high three blocks while also burying nine kills.
• Calla McNulty and Laura Willson led the Warriors with seven kills.
• Jazlyn Teichow set the tone for the offense with seven assists.
• Emma Walters finished with a team-high nine digs.
• Jaelynn Block and Willson led the team with a block.
The Saints hit the road next Wednesday, October 10 to face WHAC foe Madonna at 7:00 p.m., EDT.