ADRIAN, Mich. -- The Siena Heights women's volleyball team finished the week 3-0 after defeating Concordia (Mich.) 3-1 on Saturday afternoon in the SHU Fieldhouse. Christine Tylutki led the Saints with 13 kills and 14 digs in the win.
Final Score: Siena 3, Concordia 1 (25-20, 22-25, 25-17, 25-12)
Location: Adrian, Michigan (SHU Fieldhouse)
Records: Siena Heights (16-10, 9-6 WHAC), Concordia (2-18, 1-14 WHAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Siena jumped out to a quick 5-0 lead at the start of the first game and would never allow the score to be tied on the way to a 25-20 decision.
The second set was taken by the Cardinals as they built an early 11-4 lead and survived a late Saint rally to hold on for the 25-22 win to tie the match at one game each.
The score remained close throughout the majority of set three but Siena would use a 6-0 run to take a 21-15 lead and eventually the game to put the score at 2-1 in favor of SHU.
The Saints put the match away in the fourth by building a double-digit lead early to a 25-12 advantage.
• Tylutki added two assists, a service ace, and six blocks to her team-leading stat line.
• Ashleigh Shay also had a big match with 12 kills and four blocks.
• Carrigan Gray registered six kills, nine digs, two blocks, and a match-high 36 assists.
• Bianca Negron led the defense with 15 digs. She also tallied three assists and an ace.
• Taylor Felver finished with seven kills, two assists, two aces, and 11 digs.
• Lena Thompson led the Cardinals with 13 kills.
• Kylie Frank recorded 24 assists and 12 digs to help lead Concordia (Mich.) in the losing effort.
• Janie Bunge had a match-leading 18 digs.
• Madelyn Kragt tallied four blocks.
The Saints will hit the road on Wednesday, October 24, to compete against Indiana Tech in Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference (WHAC) action. The match is scheduled to begin at 7:00 p.m., EDT.