LIMA, Ohio -- The Siena Heights women's volleyball team lost its final regular season road match against the University of Northwestern Ohio in straight sets on Wednesday night. Senior Christine Tylutki led the Saints offense in the losing effort.
Final Score: UNOH 3, SHU 0 (25-20, 25-20, 25-23)
Location: Lima, Ohio (The Garage)
Records: UNOH (25-8, 12-7 WHAC), SHU (16-14, 9-10 WHAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The Racers won the first two sets by a score of 25-20. UNOH tallied 16 kills in the first set to earn the 1-0 lead. The UNOH defense forced the Saints to a negative hitting percentage in the game two as SHU struggled to score off the attack with only six kills.
The Saints played well in the third, recording 11 kills and only three errors for a team hitting percentage of .229, but it wasn't enough to earn the win as the Racers edged SHU 25-23 to finish the match.
• Tylutki finished with 10 kills, five digs, two blocks, an assist, and a service ace to lead the Saints.
• Janel Ruhlman had eight kills and four blocks.
• Carrigan Gray paced the SHU attack with 20 assists. She also contributed on defense with 10 digs.
• Bianca Negron had a team-high 12 digs.
• Olivia Hermiller had a match-high 16 kills in the win.
• Erika Angstmann finished with 11 kills and 12 digs.
• Kayleigh Hulst set the tone offensively with 36 assists.
• Flavia Knutti had a match-high 17 digs.
The Saints wrap up the regular season at home on Saturday, November 3 when the team hosts Lawrence Tech at 5:00 p.m. SHU will honor the senior class immediately following the match.