ADRIAN, Mich. -- The Siena Heights women's volleyball team was defeated in straight sets by Michigan-Dearborn on Wednesday night in the SHU Fieldhouse. Carrigan Gray (Bowling Green, Ohio) led the Saints with 16 assists in the losing effort.
Final Score: UM-Dearborn 3, Siena Heights 0 (25-17, 25-20, 25-21)
Location: Adrian, Michigan (SHU Fieldhouse)
Records: UM-Dearborn (2-9, 1-1 WHAC), Siena Heights (2-6, 0-2 WHAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The Saints struggled to get the offense going as they hit for a negative percentage (-.121) to drop the opening set to the Wolverines, 25-17. UM-Dearborn totaled just eight kills and a .111 hitting percentage as a team in the opening game.
Siena improved in set two with 10 kills for a .188 attack percentage. However, the Wolverines also improved by hitting a match-high .400 to pull ahead in the set score, 2-0.
SHU used three straight points to tie the score at 20 in the third, but four-point run by UM-Dearborn would give the Wolverines a 24-20 lead. A service error gave Siena a point, but a kill by the visitor on the next play ended the match in the third set.
• Gray added four kills, six digs, and three block assists to her stat line.
• Janel Ruhlman (North Branch, Mich.) led Siena with nine kills while also tallying a service ace. She also contributed defensively with six digs and two block assists.
• Karsyn Wolf (Temperance, Mich.) had a team-high eight digs in the match. She also contributed on the attack with two assists and an ace.
• Victoria Nerkowski (Mason, Mich.) gave the Wolverines fits at the net as she accumulated a match-high six blocks.
• Regan Silwinski led the visitors with a match-high 15 kills.
• Daniella Barile finished with 17 assists and 12 digs.
The Saints host Rochester this Saturday, September 21. The match is scheduled to begin at 1:00 p.m., EST.